What Is The Best Bread Pan?
We have picked the USA Pan Bakeware Pullman Loaf Pan as the top bread pan as it is an aluminized steel pan, it releases bread easily, and it is easy to clean. It has a fluted surface that causes better air circulation and even cooking, coated with nonstick silicone, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Baking homemade bread can be one of the tastiest and most healthy tasks one can do. By making the bread from scratch, you eliminate, or at least significantly decrease, the number of processed ingredients that you take in.
If you are going to bake your own bread, it is imperative to have the quality bread pan you can find. They come in different sizes but most bakers are accustomed to using a 9” x 5” pan.
They are made from different materials including steel, aluminum, silicone, and glass, each of which has its own benefits. Familiarizing yourself with the different types can help you make a good choice.
Top 7 Best Bread Pans: Our Picks & Recommendations
- Best Overall: USA Pan Bakeware Pullman Loaf Pan
- Best Budget: USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan
- Best Loaf Pan With Handles: Farberware Round Sucker Candy Making Molds
- Best Nonstick Loaf Pan: Rachael Ray Yum-O! Nonstick Bakeware Loaf Pan
- Best Aluminized Steel Pan: USA Pan Aluminized Steel 1140LF 8.5 X 4.5 X 3 Inch
- Best Glass Loaf Pan: Pyrex 1.5 Quart Clear Basic Glass Loaf Pan
- Best Silicone Pan: Silicone Designs Bread And Loaf Pan Set
7 Best Bread Pan Reviews
To find the right bread pan, we searched through multiple ratings and reviews from both experts and buyers. From all of those we analyzed, we chose the following seven based on their durability, even cooking, nonstick properties, and more.
What You Will Love: This bread pan is very durable and releases bread easily.
If you are looking for a bread pan to go the distance, this USA Pullman Pan is possibly the best bread loaf pan to get. It is a heavy-gauge aluminized steel pan, meaning that it is very durable.
The fluted surface provides for better air circulation, so your bread will cook more evenly. It is also covered with Americoat Plus nonstick coating, which is a silicone coating that helps the pan release your bread easily.
Though the pan can be cleaned with warm soapy water, it is hand wash only.
Also, the grooved corners will likely find crumbs stuck in them. If that is the case, you can use a toothpick or skewer to help you clean them out.
- Commercial quality,
- Aluminized and heavy gauge steel,
- Limited lifetime warranty,
- Fluted surface for better air circulation,
- Silicone coating,
- Hand wash only,
- Crumbs build up in grooved corners
What You Will Love: This loaf pan has very sharp corners providing a beautifully shaped loaf of bread.
The one pound heavy gauge aluminized steel USA loaf pan is a very durable pan. It is commercial grade and has a corrugated surface, which cooks your bread evenly.
The BPA free silicone coating provides a great nonstick surface that releases the bread quickly. It runs under $15 and has a limited lifetime warranty, so it is a reasonable price.
Unfortunately, there are no handles or lips to grab. This makes it difficult to efficiently flip the pan to release the bread.
- Sturdy, coated with americoat silicone,
- Great air circulation,
- Easily releases bread,
- Great value for the price
- No place to grip it
Best Loaf Pan with Handles
What You Will Love: These loaf pans are great for even cooking, and you get two.
These Farberware Round Sucker Candy are great for baking bread.
They are durable, heavy-duty steel that can withstand oven temperatures up to 450 degrees.
The bread is cooked and easily comes out as a result of the nonstick coating, and there is a Quality Assurance Guarantee.
They are easy to clean but hand wash only, and you must be careful in handling them or you may find the finish scraping off.
- Great price,
- Comes with two,
- Heavy duty steel,
- Nonstick coating inside and out,
- Oven safe to 450 degrees,
- Even heating
- Hand wash only,
- Finish may scratch off if not careful
Best Nonstick Loaf Pan
What You Will Love: This loaf pan has silicone grips on the handles and is a great price.
The Rachel Ray Yum-O! Nonstick Bakeware Loaf Pan is a durable bread pan that solves the problem of the hot handle.
It withstands oven temperatures up to 500 degrees, and the silicone grips on the handles help prevent burnt hands.
The heavy grade steel construction is very nonstick so it releases the bread easily. It can also be used for multiple foods.
Possibly the best part of this pan, though, is the fact that a portion of the proceeds goes to Rachael Ray’s charitable foundation.
The downside to this pan is that it may cook more quickly on the outside than the inside, so you may need to adjust the temperature of your recipes.
- Great price,
- Heavy grade steel,
- Sturdy construction,
- food releases well,
- Easy cleanup,
- Silicone grips on handles,
- Oven safe to 500 degrees,
- Versatile uses
- May need to adjust the temperature of your recipe because it might cook quicker on the outside than the inside
Best Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan
What You Will Love: Aluminized steel is a material used for its sturdiness and durability, making this pan a great choice.
The USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan is a very tough and durable pan made from both recycled and new steel.
The silicone covering is BPA free and it has a limited lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, there is no real place to grip the loaf pan.
- Silicone nonstick coating,
- Steel wire in the rim for extra strength,
- Corrugated surface for air circulation,
- Commercial grade,
- good price,
- Limited lifetime warranty
- No place to grip well
Best Glass Loaf Pan
What You Will Love: It is Pyrex, which is known as a great, durable brand.
This Pyrex Basic Glass Loaf Pan is a great piece of cookware to own. Purex is a durable, nonporous glass.
Food cooks evenly throughout the entire pan, and you can use it for bread and many other foods.
- Made from nonporous glass,
- Pyrex brand,
- Even cooking throughout,
- Versatile uses,
- Set of two, small enough to fit in a toaster oven,
- Easy to clean,
- Very nonstick with a light spray
- May be too small for a one pound loaf of bread
Best Silicone Bread Pan
What You Will Love: This loaf pan set is red and it comes in a set of two for a great price.
The Silicone Designs Bread and Loaf Pan Set is both BPA free and 100% food grade silicone.
They are also easy to clean and the bread easily pops out. This set also comes with a bread recipe book sent to your email. It is great for bread, meatloaf, lasagna, and more.
If you have never baked with silicone before, you will find it is different than other materials. You may have to play around with your recipe in order to get it right. They are also smaller than the description states.
- Comes with a recipe book,
- 100% food grade silicone,
- Bpa free, latex free,
- Versatile uses,
- Commercial grade,
- Easy to use,
- Dishwasher safe, microwave safe, freezer safe,
- Environmentally friendly,
- Great price for a set of two
- Silicone bakes differently than steel and aluminum,
- They are smaller than descriptions state
If you love baking bread or want to give it a try, a good bread pan can make all the difference. The wrong one can keep your bread from cooking evenly, leaving you with a mess and disappointment. Use our list to find the right bread pan you can for your needs.
- Bread Box Buying Guide
- Bread Machine Buying Guide
- Bread Slicer Reviews
- Bakeware Set Reviews
- More Dinnerware Equipment