|1|| Waring TF250 Electric Digital Rotisserie Turkey |
Fryer and Deep Fryer Steamer
|View On Amazon|
|2||Butterball XL Indoor |
Electric Turkey Fryer
|View On Amazon|
|3|| Char-Broil The Big Easy |
TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional |
Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Masterbuilt 23011114 Butterball Indoor |
Electric Turkey Fryer – XL
|View On Amazon|
Are you looking for the best electric turkey fryer that meets the high standards you require for cooking holiday dinners?
Do you want an electric turkey fryer that will cook a large bird for you in about an hour and have a crispy outside, yet tender inside?
We have researched and put together a buying guide to make your work easy when choosing the best electric turkey fryer.
Through our research, we have compiled the top 5 turkey fryer reviews to help you make the right decision and we have also included some information to help you get the most out of your electric turkey fryer.
- What is an Electric Turkey Deep Fryer?
- Why Deep Fry a Turkey?
- What to Consider When Buying The Best Electric Turkey Fryer?
- Ease of use and cleaning
- Cool touch exterior
- Oil change notification
- Automatic shut off
- Which One is the Best Electric Turkey Fryer?
The Most Recommended Electric Turkey Fryers: 5 Best Reviewed
What is an Electric Turkey Deep Fryer?
An indoor turkey deep fryer is similar to other deep fryers that you would use to fry foods, except it has a larger, deeper container. A turkey deep fryer is essentially a large countertop fryer that uses a rotisserie or a basket to hold the bird. They are safe to use indoors and basically safer in general than an outdoor propane deep fryer.
They are available in different sizes, prices, and designs as well as the option to choose from one that uses oil or does not use oil.
Unlike an outdoor turkey deep fryer, even a cheap electric turkey fryer is safer than using a propane deep fryer.
Why Deep Fry a Turkey?
it’s obviously for the bragging rights.
the main reason to use an indoor turkey fryer is that it will provide you with an incredibly juicy turkey that has the best tasting and crispiest skin imaginable.
It is also the fastest method for cooking a turkey, which is typically under an hour and if you happen to overcook the turkey, it still comes out juicier than an overcooked roasted turkey.
Like everything else, there are cons to deep frying a turkey, primarily there will not be the smell of a roasting turkey winding through the house on Thanksgiving day and you will not be able to make gravy from the turkey drippings, but the taste of the turkey makes up for the cons.
What to Consider When Buying The Best Electric Turkey Fryer?
There is a fairly large number of turkey deep fryers on the market for you to choose from, so you will have an easier time choosing the best electric turkey fryer if you first consider a few key factors, including:
- Capacity – although most turkey deep fryers have a deep enough container to comfortably hold a turkey, there are different basket sizes. You should be able to turn the turkey freely in the basket if it gets caught; the basket isn’t large enough for the turkey. Many turkey deep fryers have an 18-pound capacity, but it’s usually best to use a bird that is smaller than the allotted capacity.
- Safety – the primary concern when buying an electric turkey deep fryer is safety. Even the best electric turkey fryer relies on extremely hot oil to cook the bird and working with hot oil can be dangerous. Look for safety features, such as an automatic shutoff feature when the oil reaches an unsafe temperature and a break-off cord that detaches from the fryer in case the cord is disturbed.
- Cost – this is a warning: there are several options to choose from when buying an electric turkey deep fryer, so set a budget before you begin your search. Keep in mind that even a cheap electric turkey fryer will provide you with a tasty bird, but it may be made to hold a smaller bird.
- Ease of use and cleaning – it is important to know that cleaning a deep fryer, regardless of the size, is never fun.
some models are made with parts that are dishwasher safe or that can be easily detached for easier hand washing.
Draining the oil is a tedious and messy task, so take into consideration how easy it will be to drain the oil.
some turkey deep fryers come with a detachable compartment, making it easier to dispose of the oil.
- Built – in thermostat-although this isn’t a critical feature, it is an extra convenience that saves you from having to buy a separate thermometer.
- Cool touch exterior – your turkey deep fryer should stay cool to the touch while it is in use. This will help to prevent the risk of burns as well as make it easier to work with your turkey deep fryer.
- Oil change notification – if you are planning to re-use your oil, then you should look for a model that includes a notification to let you know when it’s time to replace the oil.
- Automatic shut off – this is essential for any indoor turkey deep fryer.
If the oil gets too hot, it can combust, so choose a model that will automatically turn the heat off if the oil gets to a dangerous temperature.
The Most Recommended Electric Turkey Fryers: 5 Best Electric Turkey Fryer Reviews
We have chosen the following indoor turkey fryers on a variety of their features, such as non-stick interiors, how quick the oil heats up, safety and cost. Here are our picks for the best electric turkey fryers:
1) Waring Electric Digital Rotisserie Turkey Fryer and Deep Fryer Steamer Review
The Waring TF250 Electric Turkey Fryer and Deep Fryer Steamer is the only deep fryer on the market that uses a rotisserie to hold the bird while it is cooking.
Along with being able to cook up to an 18-pound turkey in a little over an hour, other features of the Waring TF250 Electric Rotisserie Turkey Fryer include:
- The rotisserie alternates direction, which allows for more even cooking and helps to retain the bird’s natural juices
- It is a large-capacity rotisserie fryer, steamer and basket fryer all in one
- Because the turkey is continuously being rotating in and out of the oil, it uses 1/3 less oil for cooking than a traditional turkey deep fryer
- The rotisserie can be removed so you can use it to steam or deep fry other foods
- The digital control panel has a precise thermometer that can adjust the temperature from 175 degrees to 375 degrees and a 99-minute countdown timer
- This electric turkey fryer has an indicator light to let you know when the oil has reached the appropriate frying temperature
2) Butterball XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer Review
The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey fryer will fry a 14 pound turkey in about 4 minutes per pound. Other features of the XL Butterball Indoor electric turkey fryer include:
- Fries a turkey up to 20 pounds
- An aluminum cooking basket with a drain clip
- Digital timer with thermostat temperature control and analog controls
- Has a 1650 watt electric heating element so the oil heats quickly
- The convenient oil drain valve makes cleaning easy
- Tested and designed to meet commercial standards
- A magnetic break-away power cord
3) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer Review
If you are looking for a “healthier” version of fried turkey, the Char-Broil Infrared Oil-Less electric turkey fryer is the perfect choice. Features include:
- A patented infrared cooking design that prevents, hot and cold spots
- Dry fries up to a 16-pound turkey
- Can be used for other items as well, including chicken, beef roasts and other large cuts of meat with either an injectable marinade or a season rub
- You do not have to worry about hot oil that burns, spills or splatters
- Includes a cooking basket, a meat lifter, a meat thermometer and a cooking guide.
4. Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer Review
The Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer is one of the easiest indoor turkey fryers to use.
Along with a 1650 watt electric heating element that will heat your oil in less than 30-minutes, some of the other features include:
- Uses 33 percent less oil than a conventional fryer
- Has a porcelain-coated inner pot and stainless-steel exterior
- Digital timer that will let you know when the oil is heated and beep to let you know when the turkey is done
- A built-in drain clip on the fry basket
- Hideaway storage compartment for the cord
- Automatic shutoff function if the cooking temperature gets to high
- Built-in filter to reduce cooking odors
- Drain valve for easy cleaning
- Can be used to fry other foods as well as for steaming or boiling
- Comes with a 90-day limited warranty
5. Masterbuilt 23011114 Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer – XL Review
The Masterbuilt 23011114 Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer, XL is an electric fryer that has been certified as safe for use on your kitchen countertop. It comes with host of excellent features, including:
- Cooking basket with drain clip
- Stainless steel exterior construction
- Thermostat temperature control
- Drain valve for easy cleaning
- Can be used to fry up to a 20-pound turkey as well as boiling and/or steaming
Which One is the Best Electric Turkey Fryer?
Based on our turkey fryer reviews, all of the above electric turkey fryers will do an excellent job of cooking a bird.
We personally prefer the Waring TF250 Electric Digital Rotisserie Turkey Fryer, in part because of the bonus rotisserie that comes with the fryer.
The rotisserie can be removed, so you can also use the Waring TF250 as a large capacity steamer or a deep fryer.
We hope that our buying guide on how to choose the best electric turkey fryer and our turkey fryer reviews will be beneficial in helping you choose a suitable turkey fryer for your family’s needs.
We would greatly appreciate it if you can share your comments with us.