Coffee is more than just a beverage, some people take comfort in drinking coffee as it soothes and fills the senses with an amazing and delectable aroma.
And as coffee is comforting, each coffee drinker has his own preference when it comes to taste, smell and enjoyment therefore it is very difficult to actually determine what is good coffee.
If you look at ways on how to make good coffee online you will be surprised as to how many variations you would be able to get.
There are how tos on how to make instant coffee, newly brewed coffee and designer coffee and so on. The instructions that will follow are based on making regular, delicious coffee.
You will need a standard drip coffee maker pot that could yield about 6 cups of coffee, grinder to grind your coffee beans (you may also use a food processor for this), a cup of your preferred coffee beans, water and additional ingredients that you would like to add to your coffee like cinnamon, creamer, milk, chocolate and so on.
Steps to Make Good Coffee
- Clean your coffee pot. Ensure that your pot is clean and free from hard water deposits. If this is your first time to use a coffee maker, read the appliance instructions first and ensure that you understand the settings before you begin.
- If you buy from a local roaster be sure to purchase freshly roasted beans since this is also a great way to take advantage of coffee’s strong and fresh flavor. You may also learn how to roast coffee so you can buy beans and then roast these beans only when you want to drink coffee.
- Grind your coffee beans the moment these cool down after roasting them. Freshly ground coffee is always better; the longer coffee sits on a shelf in ground form, the more it deteriorates in flavor. Use a coffee grinder or a food processor to grind coffee easily.
- In a standard food processor, grind only coffee that you intend to use and keep the rest of the beans in a cool, covered and
- Remember that you want to achieve freshly ground coffee that feels like poppy seeds and not as fine as baby powder. You may also base the texture and the size of the coffee grains according to the grains of instant coffee.
- Start to boil water for your coffee. One of the secrets to making the best cup of coffee is to add the coffee grains when water is between 195 to 202 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have weak tasting coffee from your
- then your machine may be missing the target temperature. What you can do is to add hot water to the pot to help your machine attain the right temperature.
- Coffee makers may also yield burnt –tasting coffee and this could be due to water being too hot. You can remedy this by wetting your coffee grounds before adding them to the hot water. Use about ¼ cup of cold water to soak coffee grounds.
- The type of water to use when brewing coffee is also important. While you can use tap water, distilled water or deionized water is preferred since minerals that could affect the flavor of coffee has been removed.
- Now that you have your freshly brewed cup of coffee ready, it’s time to add the flavor that you want. Most prefer sweet and creamy coffee but you can experiment with other kinds of flavor so you won’t miss out on different tastes.
Having guests around is a great way to offer great coffee. This time double your ingredients and make sure you roast and grind coffee just in time so your guests will be able to enjoy freshly made coffee.
Offer different ingredients or flavors so you could please your coffee-drinking guests well. Use quality equipment to roast, grind and brew coffee and you will find that creating fresh and good coffee is easy to do.
Another important tip is to trust only a quality retailer when it comes to purchasing coffee beans. One way to ensure that you are purchasing quality beans is to buy only directly from coffee manufacturers and growers. You can do this by ordering online.